Creating careers, not just jobs – so that the people who work at Heathrow can fulfil their potential
Good, local jobs are essential to people’s wellbeing, to strong, thriving communities and – of course – to the economy. As we look to the future of the UK economy, the more high quality jobs we can provide, the better.
Heathrow currently employs 76,000 people, 16,500 of whom live within five kilometres of the airport. Our Heathrow 2.0 strategy ensures this will continue, with a strong focus on enabling local people to work at the airport. Heathrow expansion will create up to 180,000 further opportunities across the country, and we plan to create 10,000 apprenticeships.
Of course, getting a job is one thing, but most people are looking for the chance to build a career and do work they can be proud of. Heathrow 2.0 has a strong focus on helping people find the right work at Heathrow and nurturing them so they can fulfil their potential.
Our strategy expands the training and support we provide for our employees to become leaders in safety and wellbeing, and to adopt a proactive, innovative and sustainable approach to their daily work.
- Safe and well: A place where everyone can get to their destination and return home, safe and well.
- Careers, Not just jobs: A place where anyone can reach their potential.
- Culture of Sustainability: A place that lives and breathes sustainability.
Our flagship goals:
- 10,000 Apprenticeships (2030) will help people launch their careers.
- Living wage accreditation 2017 will ensure everyone working at Heathrow can thrive.
- Reflect local diversity at every level (2025) so that we can become a truly great place to work; fulfilling our potential as we help others fulfil theirs.