The winner of Heathrow Airport’s October #AvGeek of the Month is Isaac Shenoy.
We caught up with Isaac to find out more about his passion for aviation and top tips as a spotter. There’s also a great selection of his photos for you to enjoy as well!
Name: Isaac Shenoy
Location: Buckinghamshire, England
Aviation enthusiast, spotter or photographer? Or all 3? – All 3
What first interested you in aviation?
I have travelled around the world from a young age and that has been my main influence in my passion for aviation. I was born in Germany and lived there for a year before moving to Poland for 4 years.
When I first got Instagram, I was inspired by people’s travel photos and then came across some aviation accounts and from there decided to make my own aviation account in August 2015 called @flightpath_aviation. From there, my passion has grown enormously, for aviation and photography.
What do you love most about coming to Heathrow?
The main thing I love about Heathrow is the variety of aircraft and airlines that visit daily. There certainly isn’t a shortage of aircraft to take photos of! With a takeoff or landing every 45 seconds, sometimes I can miss planes if I don’t pay attention.
There is a great community of spotters and photographers around Heathrow. Always someone to meet or talk to whenever you go. It also attracts many foreign enthusiasts, so I enjoy showing them around the airport’s spotting locations.
Check out a selection of Isaac’s best shots!
Favourite aircraft livery at Heathrow?
The Etihad Airways livery is definitely my favorite aircraft livery, it always looks good no matter what the weather is!
Social media accounts?
Instagram – @flightpath_aviation @isaac.travel
YouTube – Isaac Shenoy
Any tips for other #AvGeeks?
- Visit your local airport when you can and try meet others who spot there.
- Apps such as FlightRadar24 are great to see planes nearby and to see what is coming into your local airport.
- There are many Facebook groups for spotters, especially at Heathrow, so have a look and try join one!
- I’d recommend ‘London Area Aviation Spotting & News’
- Take photos and post them online, there is an amazing community of people online who will help grow your passion.
- Don’t give up on your passion or dreams. I’ve been put down many times by people but don’t let it get to you.
- Follow your passion and do what you can to make it the most enjoyable experience possible.
Think you know someone who should be Heathrow’s #AvGeek of the Month? Tweet us @yourHeathrow or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While you’re here, why not share this page with your friends or check out our Operations section.