This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Heathrow Airport Limited and its group companies (“Heathrow”) collects personal information about you when you enter the World of Opportunity SME Grants Programme 2019 (the “Programme”) on Heathrow’s website at www.heathrow.com/worldofopportunity.
Heathrow is committed to protecting your personal information when you enter a Heathrow programme, promotion or competition. Whenever you provide such information we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal data, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
What information will we collect about you?
When you enter the Programme, we will collect the following information about you:
- Business email address
- Business address
- Phone number
Heathrow will collect this information via our website at www.heathrow.com/worldofopportunity. This may include collecting unique online identifiers such as IP addresses, which are numbers that uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet. For more information, see our section on ‘cookies’ below.
How will Heathrow use the information it collects about me?
Heathrow will use your personal data for a number of purposes including the following:
- To enter you as a participant in the Programme;
- To select the winners of the Programme; and
- For a possible case study if you are selected as a winner of the Programme.
Heathrow will also use your personal data to send you marketing messages about other Heathrow promotions, products and services relating to SMEs (“Marketing Messages”), provided you consent to receiving Marketing Messages. You will have the right to withdraw your consent to receiving Marketing Messages at any time.
The lawful justification for collecting and using your personal data is necessary for entering participants into the Programme and selecting the winners of the Programme, i.e. legitimate interest – in that it is necessary for giving you the prize associated with the Programme. Failure to provide mandatory data (as indicated by a *) will mean that we will not be able to administer your entry to the Programme. If you are successful in winning the Programme, we may use your personal information, including surname, country of residence, photograph and, if applicable, winning entry details to publicise you as the prize winner.
Your information will be handled and used by the following recipients in order to administer the Programme, organise the prize and to publicise that you are the winner of the Programme:
- Heathrow External Affairs staff; and
- The Department for International Trade.
We will also share your details with the Department for International Trade (DIT) who are responsible for the Exporting is GREAT Campaign and are partnering with Heathrow on the competition. They will handle your data internally and will not pass your details on to any third parties. Provided you give your consent, they may contact you about DIT’s export services including export opportunities, market intelligence and events, that can help you grow your business overseas. You are free to opt out to receiving information from DIT at any point once we have passed your details to them.
We will keep your information within Heathrow and our trusted third parties except where disclosure is required by law, for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies. Your information is processed by Heathrow in the UK only and is not moved or transferred overseas.
How long will Heathrow keep my information?
Your information will be retained for a period of one (1) year from the date our staff receive your information, after which point it will be deleted.
Your information will be retained in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
What rights do I have over my personal data?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data by making a subject access request
- Rectification, erasure or restriction of your information where this is justified
- Object to the processing of your information where this is justified
- Data portability
- Object to your personal data being made available or publicised
- Request that the personal information being used to publicise the Programme is restricted or reduced
To exercise you rights please contact the Heathrow Data Protection Officer using the following contact details:
Tom Stapleton – Data Protection Officer
Heathrow Airport Ltd
The Compass Centre
By email to:
What if I find your response unsatisfactory?
Should you find our response unsatisfactory, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority – the Independent Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find more information on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ regarding the complaints process.
Privacy & Cookies
The different types of cookies we use
Heathrow use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
- Strictly necessary – These cookies are essential for certain features of our websites to work for example when you make payments for car parking. These cookies do not record identifiable personal information and we do not need your consent to place these cookies on your device. Without these cookies some services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Performance – These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how you use our websites. This information is used to help us improve our websites and understand how effective our adverts are. In some case we use trusted third parties to collect this information for us but they only use the information for the purposes explained. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- Functionality – These cookies are used to provide services or remember settings to enhance your visit for example text size or other preferences. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and does not enable us to track your browsing activity on other websites. By using our websites, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- Targeting and Advertising – These cookies are used by trusted third parties to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. Information contained in these cookies is anonymous and doesn’t contain your personal information. To find out more about cookies used for targeting and advertising follow www.youronlinechoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org or contact us at website firstname.lastname@example.org for further information about the trusted third parties we use.
If you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Heathrow and our third party advertisers, or any other website, you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you choose to disable all cookies we cannot guarantee the performance of our websites and some features may not work as expected.
Changes to this privacy notice
We will keep this privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates here. At the start of this privacy notice we will tell you when it was last updated.